• Arrival time will vary per show.
o Upon arrival, put way all personal belongings, including cell phones, in lockers.
o Check with Usher Liaison to determine if programs are available for the performance.
o Check with Usher Liaison for details for the night.
• Prepare theatre / Keep Theatre tidy.
o Check auditorium, restrooms, and lobby to determine if any last-minute cleaning, straightening, or paper resupply is required.
o Position extra chairs in lobby alcoves for persons waiting for the auditorium to open. Remove and put away after intermission.
• Greet patrons with a smile, offer to locate their seats, and show them to their seats.
o Hand out programs.
o Guide patrons to the correct row and seat
o Pay special attention to the elderly or infirm. Offer assistance navigating the theatre’s aisles or getting into or out of theatre seats.
o Locate proper storage for any wheelchairs or walkers during performance.
• Except for performances with fewer than 100 patrons, at least one usher should be seated at the front of the theatre in case it is necessary to evacuate the theatre through the stage door.
• Open and close auditorium doors, as needed, at start, intermission and end of performance.
• After performance starts, but prior to intermission, check restrooms and restock paper towels and toilet paper, as necessary.
• Perform a ‘mild’ cleanup of auditorium and bathrooms after performance (once patrons have exited the theatre).
o Walk auditorium and remove trash from seats and floor.
o Return seat covers to Box Office Specialist.
o Empty trash bins in lobby and restrooms and restock paper supplies.
• Remain in the Theatre until released by Usher Liaison or Theatre staff.
• Sits in the will-call booth
• Check ID when patrons ask for tickets.
• Welcome patrons to the theatre.
• Scan tickets in a timely manner.
• Arrive on time (time scheduled by the production manager or designee).
• Keep in mind you are here to support the event; you are not here for a free show and/or meet and greet of the artist/band.
• Put away all cell phones and electronic devices in lockers.
• Unload/load equipment, as instructed.
• Keep Theatre, green room and backstage tidy.
Marketing Street Team
• Distribute/post flyers in designated areas, in a timely manner.
• Remove flyers post show.
• Provide help when and where needed.
Arrive at least 90 minutes before each performance
Knowledge of theatre layout (seats, emergency exits, ATMs, bathrooms, bars, box office, merchandise counter, etc.)
General knowledge of show (runtimes, intermission, subject matter, rating, etc.)
Stuff and pass out programs
Guide patrons to the correct row and seat number
Direct bathroom lines
Enforce and demonstrate theatre etiquette
Ensure positive patron experience
Enforce policies (photo, video, food, late seating, etc.)
Manage coat check, hearing devices and booster seats
Keep theater tidy
Respect patrons, staff and fellow ushers
Follow and respect usher program guidelines set by management